Monday, October 10, 2011

IF THE SHOE FITS, BUY IT!

If you’re a novice runner and have no knowledge of proper running shoes, then it’s probably a bad idea to buy a pair without trying them on…like me.   I got a pair online while in my third month of training and it didn’t quite work out as I hoped.  I went on a three mile run with Valley Runners and half way through the run my toes started to get numb.  By the time I was done I lost most feeling in both feet and had a piercing pain in my right ankle.  Needless to say the shoes went back…
Last week I went to Fleet Feet Sports Encino.  They’re one of Team Kitten Rescue’s corporate donors and hosted our first Team Kitten Rescue’s Meet and Greet in August.  I couldn’t make it to that event, hence the online purchase.  They’re hosting another Meet and Greet later this month but I just couldn’t wait any longer to get proper running shoes so I went there and Trey hooked me up with an awesome pair of Saucony…size 9!  Did I mention I wear a size 7 ½?  There’s a long list of Fit-losphy on proper running wear and supplies that just makes my head spin.  All I can say is if the shoe fits, buy it.  Thanks Fleet Feet!  I’ll see you again on October 23rd for my next purchase...the sports bra! J

1 comment: